Summertime is fun time, but what is there to do when visiting Manassas, VA? No worries, we’ve found a venue that may suit you. We’ll be talking about Jiffy Lube Live and providing you with the some of the venue information and a recent review of one attendee. The big takeaway – Jiffy Lube Live is an awesome experience if you plan ahead.
What is Jiffy Lube Live?
Established in 1995, Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, Virginia, (9 miles from Manassas) is an outdoor live performance amphitheater in suburban Prince William County, about 35 miles west of Washington, DC. Owned and operated by Live Nation, the amphitheater can seat 25,000: 10,000 in reserved seats and 15,000 on the lawn, making it the largest music-oriented venue in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
Allowed (all items are subject to change at the tour’s request without notice)
- Average size bags/backpacks (may be subject to search)
- Cameras – nonprofessional only, no detachable lenses
- Food in a clear 1-gallon ziplock bag
- Lawn chairs
- Water up to 1 gallon in a factory sealed or empty bottle
- Small personal tote-type umbrellas
Not Allowed in Jiffy Lube Live
- Weapons of any kind
- Alcohol – Jiffy Lube Live offers a wide variety of alcoholic beverages for purchase during your time at the venue. However, you aren’t permitted to bring in your own. A valid and current Driver License or State ID card is required to purchase alcohol, guests will be required to show ID every time they purchase, so be sure you have it on you and keep it safe!
- Illegal drugs/substances
- Glass containers
- Hard-sided or large coolers
- Laser pointers
- iPads and tablets
- Selfie sticks
- Audio and video recording devices including GoPros
- Animals (except service animals)
What are the experiences of others at Jiffy Lube Live?
One experienced Jiffy Lube Live attendee and reviewer had this to say, rating it a 4/5:
Good shows; bad traffic
“Jiffy Lube Live attracts a lot of good shows to the venue, especially in the last few years. For example, classic rock, country, and new acts have all been performed recently. The lawn is situated to allow most viewers to enjoy a comfortable viewing, and it is also very easy to navigate after asphalt paths were added. Unfortunately, the price of food and drink is a bit high, similar to the system in many airports. It’s in your best interest to make your food last as long as possible unless you’re OK with racking up expenses. The staff, on the other hand, are very helpful, as they provide directions, assist with parking, and help with other things you that you may need.
The main problem that many experience with Jiffy Lube Live is the situation with traffic.”
Another user commented, “During the recent Journey/Def Leppard show, it took us 90 minutes to get from the house to our parking space and we only had to travel 5 1/2 miles. I don’t know what the best solution is but something needs to be done. Getting out is no picnic, either, because everyone is trying to leave at the same time. There aren’t many entrances/exits. Plan ahead, arrive earlier, pack a meal for the tailgating, and then leave early, like when/if the encore happens.” While this certainly is a drawback, if you’re willing to deal with a bit of discomfort, you’re in for a good time.” So if you’re planning on a trip to the popular Manassas outdoor music venue, leave yourself and your carpool lots of extra time to find parking and make your way to your seats.
Jiffy Lube Live has a 3.5-star rating out of 264 reviews on Tripadvisor, which goes to show how popular this venue is.