With the day to day weather becoming increasingly more pleasant, more people and their dogs are beginning to get out of the house to enjoy the warmth and their surroundings. Many people find themselves wanting their dogs (and themselves) to have and enjoy more of an experience when they go out rather than just a walk around the block.
Some of Manassas VA’s Best Dog Parks
Most of those people, however, are unsure of where to go. Today we’ll be providing you with some of our favorite choices, and a summary of their details so you can decide if it’s the perfect fit.
1) Vint Hill Dog Park
Vint Hill Dog Park is a fenced-in dog park on 1.25 acres. Partially wooded in the Vint Hill area, near the corner of Aiken Drive and Kennedy Road. There is parking directly adjacent to the park off Aiken Drive, and a large parking lot directly across Kennedy Road. The private dog park is open to the public, operating from dawn to dusk.
- 1.25 Acres of fenced in dog area.
- Small dog play area.
- Plenty of car parking available.
- Dog waste bags provided.
- Water station for dogs.
- Plenty of seating.
- Lots of trees (for shade)
- Activity equipment for Dogs
With those features, you can imagine why it’s number one on our short list.
2) South Riding Dog Park
Looking to take Fido out for a run in South Riding? You’ve got to check out the South Riding Dog Park in South Riding, Virginia. Featuring wooded shade and a lengthy dog run, this obstical gym for dogs is sure to tire out your energetic pup. Don’t stop there – there’s a nearby playground to tire out the kiddos as well!
- A natural wooded area with shade.
- A lengthy dog run.
- Obstacle equipment with items for dogs of all sizes
- Nearby amenities for adults and children as well.
- This Park closes at sunset and is for dogs only, no other animals or aggressive dogs are prohibited.
Details and Rules:
- You must provide your own water, it’s only fault, so please be prepared when you visit!
- No dogs without people, no people without dogs. Watch your dog at all times!
- Discourage barking and digging. If your dog digs, please refill the hole.
- No children under 13 without an adult.
- All dogs must wear a collar or harness i the park at all times. No spike or prong collars.
- Dogs must be licensed and immunized with current and visible tags. Before visiting they ask that you speak with your veterinarian to ensure they are healthy enough to play.
- Professional dog trainers/groomers are not permitted to conduct business.
- Dogs must be on a leash and gates closed when entering and leaving the park.
- Dogs under 4 months of age are prohibited.
- It is strongly recommended that dogs using the facility are spayed or neutered. No dogs in heat. Closely monitor unneutered male dogs.
- Handlers must immediately “scoop the poop” and deposit in designated containers available on site.
- No smoking, no food, no drinks in glass containers.
- Be friendly with your other dog lovers, it creates a more enjoyable environment for all!
These are just a couple of our favorite parks in the area that we feel you and your dog will enjoy equally. We hope you and your dog enjoy them as much as we and many others do!